Arthur Stock’s practice is concentrated in securities and complex financial litigation, consumer class actions and qui tam litigation.
Securities and commercial litigation: Mr. Stock was a principal litigator in, among many others, Merrill Lynch Securities Litigation, which resulted in a $475 million recovery, and Safety-Kleen Corp. Sec. Litig., which achieved a $45 million recovery for common stock investors in a bankrupt corporation from the company’s former officers and auditor.
Consumer protection: In Lee v. Enterprise Leasing Co., Mr. Stock won a judgment in favor of car renters who had allegedly been overcharged at Nevada airports. A settlement valued at over $19 million ultimately permitted class members to recover 80% of the amount of alleged overcharges in a settlement valued at over $19. In Vasco v. PHRG, Mr. Stock secured a $4.8 million settlement on behalf of consumers who received unwanted telemarketing calls on their cell phones.
Whistleblower representation: Mr. Stock’s practice is focused principally on representing whistleblowers in administrative proceedings before the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Internal Revenue Service, and on appeal of IRS rulings before the United States Tax Court.
Prominent Judgements and Settlements
- Merrill Lynch Inc. Securities Litigation ($475 million settlement)
- Safety-Kleen Corp. ($45 million stockholders settlement)
- Synergen, Inc. ($28 million settlement)
- CryoLife, Inc. ($23.25 million settlement)
- U.S. Bioscience ($15.25 million settlement)
- UICI ($16 million settlement)
- Vasco v. PHRG ($4.8 million settlement)
- Lee v. Enterprise Leasing Co. West, 30 F. Supp. 3d 1002 (D. Nev. 2014) (judgment entered in favor of plaintiffs; monetary awards granted)