Alfred Zaher focuses his practice on patent, trademark, and trade secret litigation, licensing, and counseling. He has experience representing clients before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and the U.S. Copyright Office. He counsels companies in the biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, electronics, and software industries. Having close relationships with Chinese officials and law firms, Mr. Zaher has a particular focus on managing clients’ patent and trademark portfolios in China, including securing and prosecuting infringers in the Chinese court system. Prior to Berger Montague, Mr. Zaher practiced intellectual property law at Montgomery McCracken. There, he also served as the firm’s Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer, where he was responsible for overseeing, implementing, and providing leadership to the firm’s diversity initiatives.
Prior to his legal career, Mr. Zaher was a research engineer and electrical engineer with more than 10 years of technical experience with companies like The Boeing Company and Litton Industries.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Famous and Well-Known Marks Committee
- American Bar Association
- Fellow of the American Bar Foundation Academic
Business and Community Leadership
- Board Member, Philadelphia Gay Men’s Chorus
- Board of Directors, LGBT Bar Association (2017-2019)
- Board of Directors, Gay and Lesbian Lawyers of Philadelphia (GALLOP)
- Member – Pennsylvania
- Admitted – S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Admitted – S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Member – United States Patent and Trademark Office