Berger Montague’s record of obtaining successful multi-million dollar results is a direct reflection of our philosophy of preparing for trial from the moment we take your case — and paying attention to the details.
When our firm takes on the representation of a client in litigation, we immediately begin preparing for trial. We approach every case as if it is going to be tried, and our commitment to prosecuting cases through trial is known across the country. Our reputation in this regard helps our clients achieve successful settlements and recoveries because our opponents know that we are not afraid to try a case to a jury. Our history demonstrates this fact. Berger Montague has played a lead or principal role in the recovery of $30 billion in settlements and verdicts, including, just for example:
- $7.25 billion in the Payment Card Interchange Fee and Merchant Discount Antitrust Litigation;
- $4.5 billion in Nazi-era cases against German defendants;
- $3.6 billion in Connecticut’s tobacco litigation;
- $2.0 billion in the Drexel Burnham Lambert Group, Inc. litigation;
- $1.3 billion in the Michael Milken and Associates litigation;
- $1.2 billion-plus in Holocaust victims’ claims against Swiss banks;
- $717 million in the brand name prescription drugs litigation;
- $531 million in the high fructose corn syrup litigation;
- $505 million in the Exxon Valdez litigation ($5 billion jury verdict before appeal);
- $475 million in the Merrill Lynch securities litigation; and
- Billions more in other class action and commercial litigation cases.
Berger Montague has won the prestigious “Trial Lawyer of the Year Award” designated by The Public Justice Foundation — twice:
- In 2009, the Trial Lawyer of the Year Award went to Berger Montague in the Rocky Flats Nuclear Weapons Plant Litigation case for our firm’s “long and hard-fought” victory against “formidable corporate and government defendants.”
- In 1995, the Trial Lawyer of the Year Award went to Berger Montague for its work as trial counsel for the plaintiff class in the Exxon Valdez Oil Spill Litigation, in which the jury awarded $5 billion, which was later reduced on appeal by the U.S. Supreme Court to $505 million.
How Can We Help You Achieve Your Litigation Goals?
Our focus is always on helping our clients successfully achieve their litigation goals. If you wish to speak with us about a potential litigation matter, please contact us by using the contact form to the right; or contact a Berger Montague shareholder who practices in the area of concentration most relevant to your case.