Richard Schwartz is Senior Counsel in the Antitrust practice group. Mr. Schwartz concentrates his practice in the area of complex antitrust litigation with a focus on representation of direct purchasers of prescription drugs.
Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Schwartz was an attorney in the New York and Philadelphia offices of a firm where he represented plaintiffs in a variety of matters before trial and appellate courts with a focus on antitrust and shareholder class actions.
Mr. Schwartz is a member of the teams prosecuting a number of antitrust class actions on behalf of direct purchasers of prescription drugs in which the purchasers allege that generic drugs have been illegally kept off the market. Those cases include In re Opana ER Antitrust Litigation, No. 14-cv-10151 (N.D. Ill.); In re Suboxone, No. 13-MD-2445 (E.D. Pa.); In re Solodyn, No. 14-MD-2503 (D. Mass.) and In re Celebrex, No. 14-cv-00361 (E.D. Va.).
Mr. Schwartz is admitted to practice in New York, Pennsylvania, and Illinois
Honors & Awards
- Named 2023 Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch
- Named a 2021 “One to Watch” by Best Lawyers
- Member – New York Bar
- Member – Pennsylvania Bar
- Member – Illinois Bar
- Admitted – Southern District of New York
- Admitted – Eastern District of New York
- Admitted – Northern District of New York
- Admitted – Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Admitted – Northern District of Illinois
- Admitted – Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- Admitted – Third Circuit Court of Appeals