William H. Ellerbe is a Shareholder in the Philadelphia office and practices in the Firm’s Whistleblower, Qui Tam & False Claims Act group, which has collectively recovered more than $3 billion for federal and state governments, as well as over $500 million for the firm’s whistleblower clients. Mr. Ellerbe represents whistleblowers in litigation across the country and also actively assists in investigating and evaluating potential whistleblower claims before a lawsuit is filed.
Mr. Ellerbe received an A.B. in English from Princeton University. He graduated magna cum laude from the University of Michigan Law School and also received a certificate in Science, Technology, and Public Policy from the Ford School of Public Policy. During law school, Mr. Ellerbe was an Associate Editor of the Michigan Telecommunications and Technology Law Review and an active member of both the Environmental Law Society and the Native American Law Students Association.
Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Ellerbe clerked for the Honorable Anne E. Thompson of the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey. He also worked as a white collar and commercial litigation associate at two large corporate defense firms.
Mr. Ellerbe is admitted to practice in the state courts of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York, as well as the Third and Fourth Circuit Courts of Appeals and the United State District Courts for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, the Middle District of Pennsylvania, the District of New Jersey, the Southern District of New York, and the Eastern District of New York.
- Admitted – Pennsylvania State Courts
- Admitted – New Jersey State Courts
- Admitted – New York State Courts
- Admitted – Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Admitted – Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Admitted – District of New Jersey
- Admitted – Southern District of New York
- Admitted – Eastern District of New York
- Admitted – Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- Admitted – Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Honorable Anne E. Thompson, United States District Court for the District of New Jersey