Jeffrey L. Osterwise is Senior Counsel in Berger Montague’s Philadelphia office. He has significant experience pursuing relief for consumers, individuals, and businesses in a broad array of matters.
Mr. Osterwise litigates class and individual claims against manufacturers that conceal known defects in their products and refuse to fulfill their warranty obligations. His experience includes actions against automobile manufacturers, including Nissan North America, American Honda Motor Company, and FCA US, LLC, among others. He also has helped injured parties pursue claims for other defective products, including pharmaceuticals, solar panels, riding lawn tractors, HVAC and plumbing products, laptops, and fiberglass mattresses.
Mr. Osterwise also fights to protect consumers from unfair business practices, including auto insurance customers deceived by their carriers and consumers improperly billed by a national health club chain.
Mr. Osterwise represents survivors of sexual and physical abuse in actions against institutions that have covered up and concealed abuse committed by their employees and members.
He also has experience representing the interests of shareholders in securities fraud and corporate governance matters. And, he has represented the City of Philadelphia and the City of Chicago in separate actions against certain online travel companies for their failure to pay hotel taxes.
Honors & Awards
- Named 2023 Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Stars: 2013 – 2017
- Member – Pennsylvania Bar
- Member – North Carolina Bar
- Admitted – Northern District of Illinois
- Admitted – Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeal
- Admitted – Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Admitted – Eastern District of North Carolina
- Admitted – Middle District of North Carolina
- Admitted – Western District of North Carolina
- Admitted – Eastern District of Michigan
- Admitted – Eastern District of Pennsylvania