Abigail J. Gertner is Senior Counsel in the Firm’s Philadelphia office and practices in the Firm’s Consumer Protection and ERISA Litigation practice groups.
Before joining the Firm, Ms. Gertner worked at both plaintiff and defense firms, where she gained experience in complex litigation, including consumer fraud, ERISA, toxic tort, and antitrust matters. She concentrates her current practice on automotive defect, consumer fraud, and ERISA class actions.
Ms. Gertner graduated from Santa Clara University School of Law in 2003, where she interned for the Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office in the Child and Elder Abuse Unit. She completed her undergraduate studies at Tulane University in 2000, earning a B.S. in Psychology and a B.A. in Classics.
She is also active in her community, formerly serving as a Youth Aid Panel chairperson for Upland in Delaware County. She now serves on the Upland Borough Council, beginning her four-year term in January 2020.
Ms. Gertner is admitted to practice in state courts in Pennsylvania and New Jersey; and the United States District Courts for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, the District of New Jersey, and the Eastern District of Michigan.
Business and Community Leadership
- Former Commissioner on the Delaware County Women’s Commission
- Member of the Upland Borough Council
- Former Youth Aid Panel Chairperson for Upland in Delaware County
- Member – Pennsylvania
- Member – New Jersey
- Admitted – U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Admitted – U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Admitted – U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania