Patrick J. Farley, Ph.D. joins Berger Montague as Senior Counsel. He has more than 25 years of international experience in intellectual property law and concentrates his practice on all aspects of intellectual property, including patent drafting, patent prosecution, patent litigation, patent and trademark portfolio management, and licensing. Dr. Farley counsels companies in the biotechnology and pharmaceuticals industries with a particular focus on patent and trademark portfolios, agreements, and due diligence.
Prior to joining Berger Montague, Dr. Farley was a Partner at a Philadelphia law firm after serving as Senior Patent Counsel at major biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies.
- Former Consultant to the U.S. Department of State’s BioIndustry Initiative Program in the Republic of Georgia
- Former Adjunct Professor of Law at the James E. Beasley School of Law at Temple University
- Former Faculty of the Licensing Executives Society
Business and Community Leadership
- Former Adjunct Professor, Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law
- Former Adjunct Professor, Licensing Executives Society (LES)
- Volunteer, Disability Resources and Services
Recent Litigation Matters
- C.R. Bard, Inc. et al. v. Medical Components, Inc. (D. Utah) – representing MedComp in patent infringement actions involving multiple patents for implantable venous access ports
- Member – New Jersey
- Member – Pennsylvania
- Admitted – United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Admitted – United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Member – United States Patent and Trademark Office