Candice J. Enders is a Shareholder in the Antitrust Practice Group. Candice has over two decades of experience representing businesses, individuals, and municipalities in complex antitrust class action cases.
Ms. Enders has significant experience investigating and developing antitrust cases, navigating complex legal and factual issues, negotiating discovery, designing large-scale document reviews, synthesizing and distilling conspiracy evidence, and working with economic experts to develop models of antitrust impact and damages.
Her work on antitrust conspiracy cases has contributed to significant settlements totaling hundreds of millions of dollars, including in In re Commodity Exchange, Inc. Gold Futures & Options Trading Litigation, No. 14-2548 (S.D.N.Y.) ($152 million in total settlements); In re Domestic Drywall Antitrust Litigation, No. 13- 2437 (E.D. Pa.) ($190 million in total settlements); In re Commodity Exchange, Inc. Gold Futures & Options Trading Litigation, No. 14-2548 (S.D.N.Y.) ($60 million settlement with Deutsche Bank preliminarily approved; preliminary approval of $42 million settlement with Defendant HSBC pending; litigation continuing against remaining defendants); and In re Microcrystalline Cellulose Antitrust Litigation, No. 01-111 (E.D. Pa.) ($50 million settlement achieved shortly before trial).
In addition to her case work, Ms. Enders contributes to the administration of the Firm by serving as the Firm’s Attorney Recruitment Coordinator, Paralegal Coordinator, and a member of the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Task Force.
- Co-author of “The Ethics of Defense Counsel’s Communications with Absent Class Members Before Class Certification”, 74 Hastings L. J. 1331.
- Panelist at Complex Litigation Ethics Conference.
- Panelist at the Annual Private Enforcement Conference of the American
- Antitrust Institute.
- Panelist at the Harvard Plaintiffs’ Law Association Roundtable.
Prominent Judgments and Settlements
- In re Domestic Drywall Antitrust Litigation (E.D. Pa.) ($190.7 million settlement)
- In re Microcrystalline Cellulose Antitrust Litigation (E.D. Pa.) ($50 million settlement achieved shortly before trial)
- In re Methyl Methacrylate (MMA) Antitrust Litigation (E.D. Pa.) ($15.1 million settlement)
From Judge Michael M. Baylson, of the U.S. District Court of the Eastern
District of Pennsylvania:
“[C]ounsel…for direct plaintiffs have done an outstanding job here representing the class, and I thought your briefing was always very on point. I thought the presentation of the very contentious issues on the class action motion was very well done, it was very well briefed, it was well argued.”
Transcript of the June 28, 2018 Hearing in In re Domestic Drywall Antitrust Litigation, No. MD-13-2437 at 11:6 – 11.
Honors & Awards
- Named 2023 Best Lawyers for Antitrust Litigation
- The Legal Intelligencer Class Action Litigation Department of the Year (Finalist) 2022
- Named a Lawdragon 500 “Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyer” in 2019 – 2020, and 2022.
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer “Rising Star” in 2013-2019.
- Member – Pennsylvania Bar
- Admitted – Eastern District of Pennsylvania