Candice J. Enders
Candice J. Enders is a Shareholder in the Antitrust Practice Group. She concentrates her practice in complex antitrust litigation.
Ms. Enders has significant experience investigating and developing antitrust cases, navigating complex legal and factual issues, negotiating discovery, designing large-scale document reviews, synthesizing and distilling conspiracy evidence, and working with economic experts to develop models of antitrust impact and damages. Her work on antitrust conspiracy cases has contributed to significant settlements totaling hundreds of millions of dollars, including in In re Domestic Drywall Antitrust Litigation, No. 13-2437 (E.D. Pa.) ($190 million in total settlements); In re Commodity Exchange, Inc. Gold Futures & Options Trading Litigation, No. 14-2548 (S.D.N.Y.) ($60 million settlement with Deutsche Bank preliminarily approved; preliminary approval of $42 million settlement with Defendant HSBC pending; litigation continuing against remaining defendants); and In re Microcrystalline Cellulose Antitrust Litigation, No. 01-111 (E.D. Pa.) ($50 million settlement achieved shortly before trial).
In addition to her case work, Ms. Enders contributes to the administration of the Firm by serving as the Firm’s Attorney Recruitment Coordinator, Paralegal Coordinator, and a member of the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Task Force.
- Panelist at the Annual Private Enforcement Conference of the American Antitrust Institute.
- Panelist at the Harvard Plaintiffs’ Law Association Roundtable.
From Judge Michael M. Baylson, of the U.S. District Court of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania:
[C]ounsel…for direct plaintiffs have done an outstanding job here representing the class, and I thought your briefing was always very on point. I thought the presentation of the very contentious issues on the class action motion was very well done, it was very well briefed, it was well argued.
Transcript of the June 28, 2018 Hearing in In re Domestic Drywall Antitrust Litigation, No. MD-13-2437 at 11:6 – 11.
Prominent Judgments and Settlements
- In re Domestic Drywall Antitrust Litigation (E.D. Pa.) ($190.7 million settlement)
- In re Microcrystalline Cellulose Antitrust Litigation (E.D. Pa.) ($50 million settlement achieved shortly before trial)
- In re Methyl Methacrylate (MMA) Antitrust Litigation (E.D. Pa.) ($15.1 million settlement)
In the News
- Preliminary Approval of a $50M Settlement With Barclays, The Bank of Nova Scotia, Société Générale, and The London Gold Market Fixing Ltd. Granted, Bringing Total Settlements to $152 Million
- Long-Running Drywall Price-Fixing Lawsuit Settles for More Than $190 Million
- $125 Million Settlement Reached in Drywall Price-Fixing Lawsuit