Glen L. Abramson
Glen L. Abramson is a Shareholder in the Philadelphia office. He concentrates his practice on complex consumer protection, product defects, and financial services litigation, and representing public and private institutional investors in securities fraud class actions and commercial litigation.
Mr. Abramson has served as co-lead counsel in numerous successful consumer protection and securities fraud class actions, including:
Casey v. Citibank, N.A., No. 5:12-cv-00820 (N.D.N.Y.). As Co-Lead Counsel, Mr. Abramson obtained a settlement valued at $110 million in this consolidated class action on behalf of nationwide classes of borrowers whose mortgage loans were serviced by Citibank or CitiMortgage and who were force-placed with hazard, flood or wind insurance.
In re Oppenheimer Rochester Funds Group Securities Litigation, No. 09-md-02063-JLK-KMT (D. Colo.). As Co-Lead Counsel, Mr. Abramson represented shareholders in Oppenheimer municipal bond funds in connection with losses suffered during the financial crisis of 2008. The case settled in 2014 for $89.5 million.
In re Tremont, Securities Law, State Law, and Insurance Litig., No. 1:08-cv-11117-TPG. Mr. Abramson represented insurance policyholders who lost money in connection with the Madoff Ponzi scheme. The combined cases were settled for more than $100 million.
In re Mutual Fund Investment Litig., No. 04-md-15861-CCB. As Co-Lead Counsel, Mr. Abramson represented shareholders of various mutual fund families who lost money as the result of market timing in mutual funds. Mr. Abramson was lead counsel for Scudder/Deutsche Bank mutual fund shareholders and helped orchestrate combined settlements of more than $14 million.
In re Fleming Companies, Inc. Sec. Litig., No. 03-md-1530 (E.D. Tex.). As Co-Lead Counsel, Mr. Abramson represented shareholders of Fleming Companies, Inc. in connection with losses suffered as a result of securities fraud by Fleming and its auditors and underwriters. The case resulted in a $93.5 million settlement.
Prior to joining Berger Montague, Mr. Abramson practiced at Dechert LLP in Philadelphia, where he handled complex commercial litigation, product liability, intellectual property, and civil rights disputes. While at Dechert, Mr. Abramson co-chaired a civil rights trial in federal court that led to a six-figure verdict. Mr. Abramson also spent three years as a professional equities trader.
Mr. Abramson is a graduate of Cornell University (B.A. with distinction 1993) and Harvard Law School (cum laude 1996). He is a past member of the Harvard Legal Aid Bureau and is a member of Cornell University’s Phi Beta Kappa honors society.
- Member, National Association of Public Pension Attorneys (NAPPA)
Prominent Judgments and Settlements
- Casey v. Citibank, N.A. (N.D.N.Y) ($110 million settlement)
- In re Oppenheimer Rochester Funds Group Securities Litigation (D. Colo.) ($89.5 million settlement)
- In re Tremont Securities Law, State Law, and Insurance Litigation (S.D.N.Y.) ($100 million settlement)
- In re Fleming Securities Litigation (E.D. Tex.) ($94 million settlement)
- In re Alliance Mutual Funds Litigation (D. Md.) ($75 million settlement)
- In re Scudder Mutual Funds Litigation (D. Md.) ($14 million settlement)
In the News
- Federal Court Grants Class Certification for Landowners in Northeast Pennsylvania Natural Gas Royalties Lawsuit
- Berger Montague to Represent New York Employers in Workers’ Compensation Insurance Actions Against Applied Underwriters and Continental Indemnity Company
- Berger Montague to Represent California Employers in Workers’ Compensation Insurance Actions Against Applied Underwriters and California Insurance Company
- Berger Montague PC Announces Class Action Lawsuit on Behalf of United States Military Members and Their Families Endangered by Mold Exposure