Glen L. Abramson
Glen L. Abramson is a shareholder in the Securities practice group at Berger & Montague. He concentrates his practice on complex securities class action, consumer protection and commercial litigation. He represents public and private institutional investors, as well as high net worth individuals, in securities fraud, consumer class actions, and commercial litigation.
Mr. Abramson is currently involved in numerous class actions, including In re Tremont Securities Law, State Law and Insurance Litigation, 08-CIV-11117 (S.D.N.Y.), representing 30 individual trusts in connection with losses suffered in the Bernard Madoff Ponzi scheme. Mr. Abramson is currently serving as lead counsel in In re Oppenheimer Pennsylvania Municipal Fund, 09-md-2063 (D. Colo.).
Prior to joining Berger & Montague, Mr. Abramson practiced at Dechert LLP in Philadelphia, where he handled complex commercial litigation, product liability, intellectual property, and civil rights disputes. While at Dechert, Mr. Abramson co-chaired a civil rights trial in federal court that led to a six-figure verdict. Mr. Abramson also spent three years as a professional equities trader.
Mr. Abramson is a past member of the Harvard Legal Aid Bureau and is a member of Cornell University’s Phi Beta Kappa honors society.
- Member, National Association of Public Pension Attorneys (NAPPA)
Prominent Judgements and Settlements
- In re Tremont Securities Law, State Law, and Insurance Litigation (S.D.N.Y.) ($100 million settlement)
- In re Fleming Securities Litigation (E.D. Tex.) ($94 million settlement)
- In re Alliance Mutual Funds Litigation (D. Md.) ($75 million settlement)
- In re Scudder Mutual Funds Litigation (D. Md.) ($14 million settlement)